MENU Etiquetas

30 jun 2014

What happened to fashion?

Wha the hell happened to the world of fashion? I really think about it. A lot. I wonder why does this happen. It looks like since Mugler became crazy with the silicone issue anybody had the pear to do something daring. Except for Rabanne and McQueen, fashion has become pretty boring and typical. 

I understand that brands like Dolce & Gabanna or Tommy Hilfigher are more classical but they can't all be classical. I see even the most risky brands don't do anything new. Nothing like in the period 1990-2010. I include 2010 because of McQueen.

I only have faith in some designers like Jeremy Scott or Juun J. These two men are quite creative and innovating. In any case Scott is a little sticky and childy for me, and is a little repetitive but at least he does interesting things, he risks and plays with the creation of a collection. Now a days even the most haute couture collections are quite prêt à porter

I still want to see a good collection, where models don't just walk on the runway, but perform and where the dresses interact with their bodies and the public.



This is from Mugler 1997's collection. He used the world of insects and animals. Like flies, birds and beetles.

1 comentario:

amo dijo...

es una coleccion atipica, aunque hay mucho bicho suelto ;) no se estos diseños serian comodos

Mi blog by Amo